Kids Fly Alone? We Can Help!
Call Us at 1-617-776-7770, our Brazil travel specialists can assist you!
Chang Express Travel offers a safe and personalized service for unaccompanied minors aged 5-17. If you are planning to send your child on a journey alone, we can provide them with the care and attention they need.
Table of Contents
Unaccompanied Minor Flights: Ensuring Safe and Secure Travel for Children
Sending your child on an unaccompanied journey can be a daunting experience. At Chang Express Travel, we understand your concerns and offer reliable and attentive assistance in booking flights for unaccompanied minors with selected airlines.
Our dedicated team ensures a seamless experience, from connecting flights to meeting the child at the scheduled arrival. Discover peace of mind with our comprehensive service tailored for airlines that provide unaccompanied minor programs. Book your child’s flight with us today and find out how easy it is for minors to fly alone.
Your Child’s Safety is Our Priority
Our priority is to provide a safe and secure travel experience for children aged 5-17 who are flying alone. We understand the importance of their well-being throughout the journey. When you choose Chang Express Travel as your travel agent, you can rest assured that your child’s safety is our utmost priority.
Booking Unaccompanied Minor Flights Made Easy
To book flights for unaccompanied minors, simply contact our Brazil travel specialists at (617) 776-7770. Our experienced team will guide you through the process, answer any questions you may have, and ensure a hassle-free experience for your child.
Unaccompanied Minor Service: What to Expect
Our unaccompanied minor service covers every aspect of your child’s travel. Here’s what you can expect when you book through Chang Express Travel:
When you arrive at the airport, please see an airline customer service agent at ticket counter for information regarding drop-off and pick-up for unaccompanied minor travel. You will receive a wristband for your child to wear in-flight and create a package of boarding documents and ID for your child to use as they travel. At check-in, the accompanying adult must provide the following:
- Photo ID (license, passport, etc.)
- Address (as shown on ID)
- Contact phone numbers
- Name, address and phone number of the adult meeting the unaccompanied minor at their destination.
Once on board, your child will be assigned a designated area near the flight attendants’ station. This allows them to receive additional attention and care throughout the flight. Flight attendants will be readily available to assist with meals, restroom usage, and any other needs your child may have.
If your child has connecting flights, our team will ensure a smooth transition between flights. Flight attendants will guide your child to the appropriate gates and provide support along the way, ensuring that your child feels safe and comfortable throughout their journey.
Drop Off and Pick Up Assistance
Parents or guardians must take the unaccompanied minor to the departure gate and remain until the flight has left the ground.
Upon arrival at their destination, a valid ID must be presented, and the signature captured of the person meeting the child. The airline will not release the child to anyone other than the person named. If the pickup person at the destination changes, the accompanying adult must provide the new information.
The pickup person at the destination must obtain a gate pass to pick up the unaccompanied minor at the gate. At the point of departure, the accompanying adult must remain at the gate until the flight is off the ground.
Unaccompanied Minor Program Fees & Rules
The fees and rules for the Unaccompanied Minor Program may vary by airlines. At Chang Express Travel, we strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the fees associated with the program. Here are some general guidelines:
The Unaccompanied Minor Program typically requires a fee of $150 USD each way. It’s important to note that this fee applies to travel within the United States as well as international flights, encompassing both nonstop and connecting flights, in addition to the ticketed adult fare.
The $150 service fee is mandatory for children between the ages of 5 and 14. However, for 15-17-year-olds, the fee may be required if a parent chooses to enroll them in the unaccompanied minor program. It’s crucial to check with the specific airline for their policies regarding age limits and fees.
Furthermore, the fee may cover multiple children traveling together, such as siblings, depending on each airline’s policy. Some airlines may have different rules and fees regarding the number of children covered under a single fee. We recommend reaching out to our travel specialists at (617) 776-7770 to inquire about the policies of the airline you are considering.
At Chang Express Travel, we understand the importance of convenience and ensuring a hassle-free experience for our customers. We strive to assist in prepaying the fees in advance whenever possible, subject to the policies set by the respective airlines. Our travel specialists will be more than happy to provide guidance on the payment process and assist you in navigating the specific airline’s policy.
Please note that fees, age groups, and policies may vary between different airlines. It is always advisable to contact our travel specialists for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding fees and rules specific to your chosen airline.
Getting Ready to Fly: Prepare Your Child for a Smooth Journey
As you and your child prepare for their unaccompanied minor flight, it’s important to have a conversation about the journey ahead. Here are some essential tips to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience:
- Communicate with Confidence: Encourage your child to approach airline representatives if they need any assistance during their journey. Remind them that these professionals are there to help and answer any questions they may have.
- Stay within the Gate Area: Emphasize the importance of remaining within the designated gate area throughout their travel experience. This ensures that your child stays in a secure and monitored environment until it’s time for their flight.
- Special Needs Notification: If your child has any special needs or requirements, please inform the airline in advance. This allows them to make necessary arrangements and provide appropriate assistance throughout the journey.
Packing Tips for a Comfortable Trip:
To ensure your child’s comfort and enjoyment during their unaccompanied minor flight, consider the following packing suggestions:
- Entertainment Essentials: Pack snacks, games, books, or other forms of entertainment to keep your child engaged and occupied during the flight. These items can help make their journey more enjoyable and pass the time quickly.
- Carry-On Considerations: Advise your child to bring a single, small carry-on bag like a backpack. This allows them to keep their essential belongings close at hand and reduces the risk of leaving anything behind.
- Checked Suitcase for Larger Items: If your child needs to bring larger items, such as extra clothes or personal belongings, consider packing them in a checked suitcase. This way, your child and the accompanying adult can collect the suitcase after their flight.
- ID and Contact Information: Attach an ID card with your child’s name, contact information, and any important details to their carry-on bag or jacket. This helps ensure that their belongings can be easily identified and assists airline staff in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
By following these guidelines and preparing your child for their journey, you can help create a positive and stress-free travel experience for them.
At Chang Express Travel, we prioritize the safety and well-being of unaccompanied minors. Our dedicated team ensures a seamless travel experience, providing assistance from check-in to arrival. Book your child’s flights for unaccompanied minors to Brazil with us today and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your child is in capable hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about unaccompanied minor service: