Belo Horizonte, located in southeastern Brazil, is a vibrant city that offers a unique experience to visitors from all over the world. From its rich history to its delicious food and vibrant culture, Belo Horizonte is a true gem that is now more accessible than ever before, with non-stop routes available from several major cities. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about flights to Belo Horizonte, including the best airlines to fly with, the best time to visit, and must-see attractions.
Table of Contents
Best Airlines to Fly to Belo Horizonte
When it comes to finding flight tickets to Belo Horizonte, you have a variety of options to choose from. Azul Airlines, one of the most popular airlines for this route, offers direct flights from Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. Copa Airlines provides another convenient option with flights available from Panama City, while Avianca offers flights from Bogota. These airlines prioritize passenger comfort and provide excellent service, ensuring a pleasant and hassle-free journey to Belo Horizonte.
To secure the best deals and save on airline tickets, consider booking your flights well in advance. Keep an eye out for promotional offers and seasonal discounts, as they can provide significant savings on your travel expenses. Flexibility with your travel dates can also help you find cheap flights to Brazil. By being open to flying during weekdays or off-peak times, you may uncover more affordable options. At Chang Express Travel, we specialize in finding the most competitive prices for flights to Belo Horizonte, allowing you to explore this enchanting city without breaking the bank.
Best Time to Visit Belo Horizonte
Belo Horizonte has a warm and temperate climate, with average temperatures ranging from 60°F to 80°F throughout the year. The best time to visit is during the dry season, which runs from May to September, when the weather is mild and pleasant. This is also a great time to visit because there are fewer tourists, which means you can enjoy the city’s attractions without the crowds. However, if you’re interested in attending festivals and events, such as the Carnival in February or the Festival Internacional de Teatro de Belo Horizonte in August, then plan your trip accordingly.
Things to do in Belo Horizonte
Belo Horizonte is known for its rich history, delicious food, and vibrant culture. Here are some must-see and what to do in Belo Horizonte:
- Pampulha Modern Ensemble: This impressive architectural complex was designed by renowned architect Oscar Niemeyer and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It features several buildings, including a church, a casino, and a museum.
- Praça da Liberdade: This beautiful public square is located in the heart of the city and is surrounded by historic buildings. It’s a popular gathering spot for locals and visitors alike, and is a great place to relax and people watch.
- Mercado Central: This bustling marketplace is the perfect place to experience the true flavor of Belo Horizonte. You’ll find everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts and souvenirs.
- Museum of Arts and Crafts: This museum features the work of local artisans and craftsmen, and is a great place to learn about the city’s cultural heritage.
- Inhotim: Located just outside Belo Horizonte, Inhotim is a unique contemporary art museum set amidst a vast botanical garden. It features an extensive collection of contemporary art installations and sculptures, creating a captivating fusion of art and nature. Spend a day exploring the expansive gardens and engaging with thought-provoking artworks that will leave a lasting impression.
- Serra do Curral: Nature enthusiasts should not miss the opportunity to visit Serra do Curral, a stunning mountain range that provides breathtaking panoramic views of Belo Horizonte. Embark on hiking trails that take you through lush forests and rock formations, witness stunning sunsets from the mountain peaks, and reconnect with nature in this natural paradise.
- Lagoa da Pampulha: This picturesque lagoon is another architectural gem designed by Oscar Niemeyer. It offers a scenic setting for a leisurely walk, bike ride, or boat tour. Don’t forget to visit the Casa do Baile, a modernist dance hall located on the lagoon’s shores. Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and soak in the beauty of the surroundings.
- Savassi District: Known for its vibrant nightlife, the Savassi district is a hub of entertainment, restaurants, and bars. Experience the city’s lively energy as you explore the streets filled with trendy shops, charming cafes, and a bustling social scene. Join the locals for a night of dancing, live music, or savoring delicious Brazilian cuisine.
Local Cuisine in Belo Horizonte
No trip to Belo Horizonte is complete without indulging in its delectable cuisine. The city is renowned for its gastronomic offerings, particularly the traditional dish called “feijoada“, a hearty black bean and pork stew served with rice, collard greens, and farofa (toasted cassava flour). Another local favorite is “pão de queijo“, cheese bread made with cassava flour and cheese, which is a popular snack enjoyed throughout the day. To experience the authentic flavors of Belo Horizonte, visit the Mercado Central, where you can savor an array of local delicacies, including fresh tropical fruits, regional cheeses, and traditional Brazilian sweets.
Quick Facts About Belo Horizonte
- Population: Belo Horizonte has a population of approximately 2.5 million people, making it the sixth-largest city in Brazil.
- Altitude: The city is situated at an altitude of approximately 2,720 feet (830 meters) above sea level, giving it a pleasant climate and beautiful views.
- Temperature: Belo Horizonte experiences a warm and temperate climate, with average temperatures ranging from 60°F (15°C) to 80°F (27°C) throughout the year. It is generally mild and enjoyable, especially during the dry season from May to September.
- Airports: The city is served by Tancredo Neves International Airport (CNF), located about 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of the city center. This airport operates domestic and international flights, connecting Belo Horizonte to major cities in Brazil and other countries.
- Time Zone: Belo Horizonte follows Brasília Standard Time (BRT), which is three hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-3).
- Currency: The official currency of Brazil is the Brazilian Real (BRL). It is recommended to exchange currency or withdraw cash from ATMs for your convenience during your stay.
- Language: The official language of Brazil is Portuguese. While English may be spoken in some tourist areas and establishments, it is helpful to have some basic Portuguese phrases or a translation app handy.
- Safety: Like any major city, it is advisable to exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings while visiting Belo Horizonte. Take necessary precautions such as keeping your belongings secure and avoiding secluded areas at night.
Belo Horizonte is a vibrant and exciting city that offers something for everyone. With non-stop flights available from major U.S. cities, it’s now easier than ever to experience the beauty and culture of this amazing destination. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, food, or outdoor activities, you’re sure to find plenty to enjoy in Belo Horizonte. So why not book your flight tickets to Belo Horizonte today and start planning your trip?
With Chang Express Travel, you can experience all that Belo Horizonte has to offer at an affordable price. We offer a range of airline ticket deals and discounts to this amazing destination, so you can explore the city’s rich culture, stunning architecture, and mouthwatering cuisine without breaking the bank. Book your cheap flights to Belo Horizonte Brazil today and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!