Natal, located on the northeastern coast of Brazil, is a hidden gem that offers a perfect blend of stunning natural beauty, vibrant culture, and warm hospitality. With its golden sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and year-round sunshine, Natal is a paradise for beach lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or a cultural experience, this coastal city has something for everyone.
Table of Contents
Finding Flights to Natal
When it comes to finding flights to Natal, there are several airlines that offer convenient connections from various destinations. LATAM Airlines is one of the prominent carriers that provide domestic and international flights to Natal, ensuring a smooth and comfortable journey. Other airlines like Gol Linhas Aéreas and Azul Brazilian Airlines also offer flights to Natal, providing travelers with a range of options to suit their preferences and travel needs.
Best Time to Visit Natal
Natal enjoys a tropical climate, making it an ideal destination to visit year-round. However, the period between September and March is considered the high season, with pleasant temperatures and lower chances of rain. If you prefer a quieter and more budget-friendly trip, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of April to June and August. During these months, you can still enjoy warm temperatures and take advantage of lower hotel rates and flight deals.
Top 10 Things to do in Natal
- Ponta Negra Beach: One of Natal’s most famous beaches, Ponta Negra offers a picturesque setting with its expansive sandy shores and vibrant beachside atmosphere. Enjoy a refreshing swim, relax under a colorful umbrella, or indulge in delicious local cuisine at the beachfront restaurants.
- Genipabu Dunes: Embark on a thrilling adventure at the Genipabu Dunes, where you can experience exhilarating sandboarding or hop on a dune buggy for an adrenaline-filled ride. Take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes and enjoy the unique sensation of being surrounded by towering sand formations.
- Morro do Careca: This iconic sand dune, also known as “Bald Hill,” is a symbol of Natal. With its distinctive shape and stunning backdrop of the ocean, it’s a must-visit spot for breathtaking panoramic views and memorable photo opportunities.
- Forte dos Reis Magos: Explore Natal’s rich history at Forte dos Reis Magos, a historic fortress built in the 16th century. Take a guided tour to learn about the fort’s significance and enjoy stunning views of the coastline from its strategic vantage point.
- Pipa Beach: Located just a short drive from Natal, Pipa Beach is a paradise for surfers and nature lovers. Surrounded by cliffs and clear waters, this idyllic beach offers a peaceful escape with its relaxed vibe and opportunities for dolphin-watching.
- Natal Historic Center: Immerse yourself in the city’s cultural heritage by strolling through the Natal Historic Center. Admire the well-preserved colonial architecture, visit the charming churches, and explore the local shops and markets.
- Parrachos de Maracajaú: Embark on an unforgettable snorkeling adventure at Parrachos de Maracajaú, a natural reef formation known for its vibrant marine life. Dive into the clear waters and witness the beauty of colorful corals and tropical fish.
- Barra de Cunhaú: Escape the crowds and head to Barra de Cunhaú, a tranquil fishing village known for its calm waters and beautiful landscapes. Enjoy a peaceful day at the beach, go for a boat ride along the river, or savor fresh seafood at a beachfront restaurant.
- Alberto Maranhão Theater: Appreciate the arts at the Alberto Maranhão Theater, a historic landmark that hosts various cultural events and performances. Marvel at the beautiful architecture and catch a show to experience Natal’s vibrant arts scene.
- Newton Navarro Bridge: Take a walk or drive across the Newton Navarro Bridge, a modern architectural marvel that connects Natal to the neighboring city of São Gonçalo do Amarante. Enjoy panoramic views of the city, coastline, and Rio Potengi as you cross this impressive bridge.
Natal: Where Sun, Sand, and Culture Converge
One of the unique aspects of Natal is its privileged location along the northeastern coastline of Brazil. Known as the “City of Sun,” Natal boasts an enviable combination of stunning beaches, towering sand dunes, and a vibrant cultural scene. The city’s close proximity to the equator means that it enjoys sunshine and warm temperatures throughout the year, making it a haven for beach lovers and sunseekers.
In addition, Natal is also known for its rich folklore and traditional music, with influences from African, Indigenous, and Portuguese cultures. The rhythms of forró and frevo can be heard throughout the city, adding to the vibrant and lively atmosphere.
Travel Tips and Quick Facts
- The nearest airport to Natal is the São Gonçalo do Amarante International Airport (NAT), which receives domestic and international flights.
- The local currency in Brazil is the Brazilian Real (BRL). It’s advisable to have some cash on hand for smaller establishments, as credit cards may not be accepted everywhere.
- English is not widely spoken in Natal, so it’s helpful to have some basic Portuguese phrases or a translation app.
- Don’t forget to try the local cuisine, including regional dishes like tapioca, acarajé, and feijoada.
- Natal is a popular destination for kiteboarding and windsurfing due to its favorable wind conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flights to Natal
How long does it take to fly to Natal from the United States?
The duration of a flight from the United States to Natal can vary depending on the departure city and the airline. On average, a direct flight from a major U.S. city to Natal takes approximately 8 to 10 hours.
Are there direct flights to Natal from the United States?
Currently, there are no direct flights from the United States to Natal. However, several airlines offer connecting flights with layovers in cities like Miami or São Paulo. LATAM Airlines provides convenient connections for travelers flying from the United States to Natal.
Which airlines offer the cheapest flights to Natal?
When searching for affordable flights to Natal, it’s recommended to compare prices across multiple airlines. LATAM Airlines, Gol Linhas Aéreas, and Azul Brazilian Airlines are among the carriers that often offer competitive fares for flights to Natal.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Natal?
The cheapest month to fly to Natal can vary depending on factors like demand and airline promotions. However, traveling during the shoulder seasons of April to June and August often offers more affordable fares compared to the high season months of December to February.
How far is the airport from the city center of Natal?
São Gonçalo do Amarante International Airport is located approximately 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) from the city center of Natal. The travel time from the airport to popular areas like Ponta Negra can take around 30 to 40 minutes by car.
Natal is a captivating destination that offers a mix of natural beauty, cultural richness, and warm hospitality. With convenient flight options, including those provided by LATAM Airlines, planning your journey to this coastal paradise is a breeze. So pack your swimsuit, embrace the vibrant energy of Natal, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you’re basking in the sun on Ponta Negra Beach, exploring the breathtaking dunes, or immersing yourself in the city’s cultural heritage, Natal is sure to leave a lasting impression.
With Chang Express Travel, you can experience all that Natal has to offer at an affordable price. We offer a range of flight deals and discounts to this beautiful destination, so you can explore the city’s natural beauty, rich culture, and vibrant arts scene without breaking the bank. From the stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters to the historic Natal City Center and lively Ponta Negra neighborhood, Natal is an unforgettable destination for travelers of all interests. So why wait? Book your cheap flights to Natal today with Chang Express Travel and get ready for an amazing adventure!